Cooking and Recipes in English
This was a new experience for my family. I have cooked it a few times and it has always been a success.
I found the recipe in Marcella Hazan’s Italian Cooking, but I changed it a little.
How did I make it tonight?
● I cooked 250g of spaghetti. I drained it, put it in a bowl and added 25g of butter. (I think a tablespoon of olive oil would be OK too.)
● Then I stirred it up and waited for it to cool a little.
● I cooked two slices of bacon and chopped the bacon into small pieces.
● I mixed three eggs in a bowl with salt, pepper and half a cup of grated parmesan cheese.
● I added the bacon and the egg mixture to the spaghetti and mixed it all together. (You could add red pepper, green peppers, parsley, basil.)
Now, it’s time to cook!
● Choose your fry pan. You need a plate the same size, or bigger, than the fry pan.
● Melt 25g of butter or 15ml of olive oil in the fry pan.
● Pour in the omelette mixture.
● Cook over medium heat. Lift the edge of the omelet to check how it s cooking.
● When the bottom is golden brown and looks crispy, put your plate over the fry pan. Turn everything upside down.
● Put the fry pan back on the gas burner. Add 25g of butter or 15 mls of olive oil. When the pan is hot, slide the omelet off the plate back into the pan.
● Cook the bottom of the omelet.
● When it is brown and looks a little dry, slide it out of the fry pan onto a plate.
● Enjoy! (We usually eat this with salad.)
Do you have a spaghetti omelette recipe? Please tell us about it!
Did you try this recipe? What did you think?